Job Description and Requirement for Credit / Loan Officer
Job responsibility and requirements are important for credit / loan officers, so they should know what they will do or HR Department will state in employment contract . Below are job descriptions and requirements for credit officers.
Job Description for Credit Officer
- Develop and generate sales opportunities with both new and existing customers
- Build and maintain relationship with new and existing customers
- Promote the Bank’s products and services among target customers
- Meet and collect information from customers for loan applications
- Appraisal of customer loan applications and make recommendations.
- Active participation in Credit Committee.
- Verify that securities are provided and forwarded for perfection.
- Manage portfolio under him/her to ensure good performance.
- Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
- Work with new and existing customers to understand their businesses and determine options to support them
- Perform credit analysis in accordance with the Bank’s Policies and guidelines
- Prepare and execute loan contract and other related legal documents
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
- Monitor and follow up to ensure timely repayment
- Operate in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines and policies, and in compliance with laws and regulations
- Proactively manage risk/exposure for assigned portfolio continuously.
- Ensure recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Assist in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Corporation and customer.
- Assist in the grading and classification of loan accounts.
- Manage Customer and stakeholder relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Work closely with other team members within the Bank
- Attend the Bank’s training program and continue self-development
- Other duties as assigned by the Bank and manager.
Job Requirement for Credit Officer
- Bachelor in Finance, Banking or related fields
- Proven previous work experience as credit officer
- Sound understanding of lending products and process
- Abilities to read and analyze financial information and reporting
- Strong desire to work in a team and deal with challenges
- Ability to speak and write in English would be an asset,
- Work usually performed outside the office and sometime travel to the province.
- Report writing skills, Excellent skills in analysis of Financials, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Be able to use Ms. Officer (Words, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication, problem solving, negotiation, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Cambodian national only and able to read and write Khmer
- Good organizational and time management skills