- Salary Range $201 - $500
- Industry Type Other
International citizen services
Project Finance Assistant
Role Over view
|In collaboration with Grant Management Specialist, the Project Finance Assistant (PFA) will support the line manager to manage the quality delivery of effective project “ Strengthening Education Management – SEM Plus” and “ Improving Market Access for the Poor (IMA4P), by contributing to effective budgeting and expenditures, ensuring a high level of financial management, purchasing, partnership management and development, and donor reporting are strictly followed the VSO and donor policies, guidelines, conditions and requirements.
The PFA will work closely with VSO SEM Project Manager and IMA$P Project Manager to oversee, and ultimately assisting line manager for financial management, budgeting and monitoring, procurement, internal and external reporting, and the key risk control elements include grant compliance, audits, and support the implementing partners by giving capacity building on financial management as needed.
- Technical Accounting Expertise – Part qualified Accountant, ideally studying to complete an accounting qualification. Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
- Good technical accounting skills. Experience of financial planning, book keeping practice and principle, knowledge of internal controls, general ledger, cash management and reconciliations, payroll processing and taxation. Experience of financial reporting, measurement and analysis.
- Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organisations. Knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures.
- Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging.
- Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software, SUN Accounts system preferred.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Good written and verbal communication skills – able to listen, present, discuss, report, put views forward , negotiate with confidence. Sensitivity to cultural and language differences, able to interact with people at all levels of the organization. Able to work with others in a consultative way, ability to withstand and resolve conflict, negotiating professional solutions
- Decision Making and planning – professional judgment and discernment. Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis. Experience of decision modelling.
- Risk Management- Experience of identifying and analyzing financial risk.
- Planning and Organizing – Able to prioritize within restricted resources to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and adapt to change. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated to set initiatives and self-learn.
Desirable: – Commitment to VSO’s work and values
How to apply
- To see job detail and apply for the position please click the link: https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/jobs/project-finance-assistant-a0md000000bfq9liaf
- Women and Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Before you apply, please download and read the job description for full details of the roles and application guidelines available on our website.
- If you have any problems accessing the above link, please contact Ms. Moun Sokkheang at 023 882 762/093 707 132.
- VSO is committed to a policy of equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
- Applications are welcome from people of all origins, age, religions, gender, ethnicities, sexual orientation and disability every application will be reviewed against the above requirement with the position only
- Due to a high volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Address* Phnom Penh
- Phone Number * 023 882 758