Lucio C. Tan, Sr. (simplified Chinese: 陈永栽; traditional Chinese: 陳永栽; pinyin: Chén Yǒngzāi born July 17, 1933) is a Chinese Filipino billionaire businessman and educator with interests in banking, airline, liquor, tobacco, real estate industries and education.
Tan was born in Amoy (now Xiamen), Fujian, China. His parents moved to the Philippines when he was a child.
Tan earned a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the Far Eastern University in Manila. Forbes states that Tan “worked as a janitor at a tobacco factory” where he “mopped floors to pay for school”
In 2013, Forbes magazine listed him once again as the second richest billionaire from the Philippines with a net worth of $7.5 billion.
- LT Group, Inc. (PSE: LTG)
- Asia Brewery, Inc.
- Tanduay Distillers, Inc.
- Absolut Distillers, Inc.
- Asian Alcohol Corporation
- Fortune Tobacco Corporation
- PMFTC, Inc. – 50% ownership by FTC
- Eton Properties Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine National Bank (PSE: PNB) – (merger of Philippine National Bank and Allied Banking Corporation)
- Victorias Milling Company, Inc. (PSE: VMC) – minority interest and management control
- Philippine Airlines (PSE: PAL)
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC)
- Lufthansa Technik Philippines – 51% ownership by Lufthansa Technik AG, 49% ownership by MacroAsia
- MacroAsia Airport Services Corporation
- MacroAsia Catering Services – 67% ownership by MacroAsia, 33% ownership by SATS Ltd
- MacroAsia Properties Development Corporation
- MacroAsia Air Taxi Services
- MacroAsia Mining Corporation
- Cebu Pacific Catering Services Inc.
- Himmel Industries, Inc.
- Century Park Hotel
- Grandspan Development Corporation
- Lucky Travel Corporation
- Foremost Farms, Inc.
- Pan Asia Securities (stock brokerage firm)
- The Charter House (hotel)
- University of the East
- Tan Yan Kee Foundation