Job Duties and Description for Accountant
Job description is important for management who will assign tasks or any responsibilities to their subordinates. Clear job description will make work more effective and efficiency and reduce complexity of job.
In practice, HR department and head of each department will discuss and corporate to make job description for their staffs.
Job duties and description for accountant may be different from company to company, but below may be responsibilities for accountant.
- Prepare accounting documents: material request, purchase request, purchase order, quotation, sale order, delivery note, goods received note, invoices, credit note, debit note, payment voucher and official receipt.
- Prepare accounting policies, procedures and internal control.
- Bookkeeping accounting transactions.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information;
- Preparing financial statements: balance sheet/statement of financial position, profit and loss statement/income statement, note to financial statements and other reports.
- Preparing accounting documents for internal or external auditors.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies: bank , account receivable and account payable reconciliation.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Secures company financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Complies with legislation and law.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Preparing tax returns: monthly tax declaration and yearly tax declaration
- Financial forecasting and planning and risk analysis
- Business plan.
- Review financial information and accounting documents.
- Negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations.
- Meeting and interviewing clients.
- Managing colleagues, workloads, deadlines and contribute to team.