- Company Name Thalias Hospitality
- Job Level Staff
- Salary Range Negotiable
- Candidate's Sex Male, Female
- Industry Type Restaurant
- Contact Person HR Department
- Phone Number 016 847 888/ 016 579 555
- Workplace's address Phnom Penh
- Company's Website https://www.thaliashospitality.com/
- Email Apply for Job: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Category: Restaurant / Catering / Food
- Job Type: Full Time
- Closing Date of Job: January 17, 2019
Commis I is responsible for preparing mise-en-place, monitoring its quality, cooking and garnish foods, and to learn cooking techniques and knife skills on the job.
- Grade 9 of general education, and
- Certificate III in food production/culinary discipline from recognized vocational school of tourism.
- Minimum 2-year experience of a similar position, preferably with a fine-dining restaurant or hotel with good standards.
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Good knowledge of Kitchen equipment, vegetable, herb, meat, fish, sea food, poultry and anatomy
- Knowledge of HACCP hygiene standard.
- Knowledge of cost saving and inventories
- Good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with other staff members as part of the team.
- Pleasant, dynamic, and positive attitude.
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary career.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work on a rotating shift basis, weekends and public holidays.
- Commitment to energy and environment saving.
Language and Computer Skill
- Able to read, write and speak English at pre-intermediate level. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean kitchen utensils and work place to ensure safe work environment and hygiene at all times.
- Prepare mise-en-place for all relevant menus and store at the right temperature.
- Check quality of hot food items including, but not limited to, meat, fish, poultry, seafood, sauces, stocks and seasonings, and report to the immediate supervisor in case of spoilage.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage·
- Prepare and cook food according to designated recipes, quality and presentation standards.
- Follow all safety and hygiene standard when handling food, and other kitchen policies and procedures.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues to the immediate supervisor.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Attend meeting and training sessions.
- Contribute to energy and environment saving.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thalias Hospitality Group, founded in 1997 and specialized in crafting unique dining experiences, owns Topaz Restaurant, Malis Restaurant (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap), Khéma Restaurant and a luxurious boutique hotel ARUNREAS. Thalias won the Best Workplace Award from the Government and Worker Sabay Certification from ACTED NGO for providing over 500 employees with good working environment.
The group’s fast development is a tribute to the dynamic and energetic teams responsible for its success and we are now looking for more motivated and qualified candidates to join them and build a bright future.
- Address Phnom Penh
- Phone Number 016 847 888 / 016 579 555