- Company Name Thalias Group
- Job Level Staff
- Salary Range Negotiable
- Candidate's Sex Male, Female
- Industry Type Restaurant
- Contact Person HR Department
- Phone Number 016 847 888/ 016 579 555
- Workplace's address Phnom Penh
- Company's Website https://www.thaliashospitality.com/
- Email Apply for Job: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Category: Restaurant / Catering / Food
- Job Type: Full Time
- Closing Date of Job: January 14, 2019
Commis III is a junior commis chef responsible for cleaning kitchen tool, preparing and checking mise-en-place, cooking foods, and learning cooking techniques and knife skills on the job.
- Grade 9 of general education, and
- Certificate III in food production/culinary discipline from recognized vocational school of tourism.
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Knowledge of working utensil, temperature and storage.
- Knowledge of vegetable, herb, salad and dried store.
- Knowledge of fish, meat, poultry and sea food and anatomy.
- Knowledge of HACCP hygiene standard.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with other staff members as part of the team.
- Pleasant, dynamic, and positive attitude.
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary career
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work on a rotating shift basis, weekends and public holidays.
- Commitment to energy and environment saving.
Language and Computer Skill
- Able to read, write and speak English at elementary level. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean kitchen utensils and equipment, and work place to ensure safe work environment and hygiene at all times.
- Clean and store vegetables, herbs, spices fruit, fish, meat, poultry, seafood and other products.
- Cook basic stock (white stock, brown stock, fish stock), and thicken soup (fish & chicken)
- Make Roux (white roux, brown roux, farina rice, farina corn) and sauce
- Check quality of food items including, but not limited to, meat, fish, poultry, seafood, sauces, stocks and seasonings and report to CDP in case of spoilage.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Follow all safety and hygiene standard when handling food, and other kitchen policies and procedures.
- Attend meeting and training sessions.
- Contribute to energy and environment saving.
- Other duties as assigned
Thalias Hospitality Group, founded in 1997 and specialized in crafting unique dining experiences, owns Topaz Restaurant, Malis Restaurant (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap), Khéma Restaurant and a luxurious boutique hotel ARUNREAS. Thalias won the Best Workplace Award from the Government and Worker Sabay Certification from ACTED NGO for providing over 500 employees with good working environment.
The group’s fast development is a tribute to the dynamic and energetic teams responsible for its success and we are now looking for more motivated and qualified candidates to join them and build a bright future.
- Address Phnom Penh
- Phone Number 016 847 888 / 016 579 555