Supplies are exempt from VAT
VAT non-taxable supplies mean that suppliers will not charge VAT when they sold goods, products, services to their customers and personal use importation.
According to Article 57 of the Law on Taxation (LoT), non-taxable supplies (exempt
Supplies) are included the following points:
1) Public postal services
2) Hospital, clinic, medical and dental services and the sale of medical and dental goods incidental to the performance of such services.
Pharmacy place is not exemption from VAT. For example, Mr. Rotha is fever and bought medicines from a pharmacy place named AB, so pharmacy AB will charge VAT from Mr. Rotha.
3) Transportation services for passengers by a wholly state-owned public transportation system.
Private Transportation Company is not exemption from VAT. For example, ABC Company registered as real regime, and business purpose is transportation service for passengers nationwide (e.g. from Phnom Penh to Battambang Province ) with 40 buses. This activity is not exemption from VAT, so ABC will charge VAT from its passengers.
4) Insurance services
Phnom Penh HR Promotion
Phnom Penh HR is the best recruitment and consulting in Cambodia and Asia.
***How to Post Job Announcement Free on Phnom Penh HR
There are the following three simple steps:
- First Step- Go to website: www.pp-hr.com
- Second Step – Click Menu: Register
- Third Step-Click Menu : Post Job Free
***Phnom Penh HR Services:
- Recruitment Service : Help to find qualified candidates fast and right position.
- Cambodia Tax Consulting: Help to reduce tax risk.
- Accounting Service Preparation: Help to make proper and timely financial statements.
- Outsourcing service : Help to reduce company complexity.
- Internal Auditing Service : help to reduce fraud, error and improve work quality.
*** Phnom Penh HR services by ACCA | CPA, Diploma in Cambodia Tax, Tax Agent and MBA.
*** Please contact Phnom Penh HR now via 093 682 682 | 078 868 848 | firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Primary financial services
Financial institutions such as commercial bank, specialized bank, and micro finance institution are exemption from VAT.
6) The importation of articles for personal use that are exempt from customs duties.
Personal use is not business purpose. For example, Mr. David went to Thailand and bought Computer A from Thailand for personal use, so when he imported this computer. It is exemption from VAT.
7) Non-profit activities in the public interest that have been recognised by the
Minister of Economy and Finance.